I am feeling the strain of being a writer today. It’s my own fault. I had a week of working and not too much writing but now I have finally got my enthusiasm back and I am spending the weekend on writing projects.
I try to write about 2000 words a day. That’s something like 500 a page single spaced so 4-8 pages a day maybe a chapter. Many days nothing gets done a few days more gets done.
The current problem is that I am too enthusiastically juggling and working on lots of projects simultaneously lets even see if I can list them:-
- Edits of a part completed novel about Zen and the art of lawn bowls poss 60% complete.
- A story about a pig set in middle ages poss 2% complete
- Writing a modern thriller set in Saudi Arabia poss 2% complete
- Marketing past books never ending
- Giving some away free to up my readership like the first in a series and self help books
- Working out how to automate give aways
- Working out how to use Facebook ads to sell more books
- Illustrating photography and Bloomsbury books which are written but now need their pictures added 80% complete
- Writing articles for the National trust volunteers magazine as well as blogs and my other jobs – 90% complete
- Publishing completed books
- Writing this blog
- Organising and allotting time to all these tasks minute by minute planning
So that’s just what I can think of off the top of my head. There also needs to be time for eating and sleeping and the odd drink.
I am currently in Saudi Arabia working so there is little fear of the drink getting in the way of my writing as it can do elsewhere (unless I go hunting for it).
My next question is:- Which of these can I do sitting round the pool?
Up to now and for the rest of today I have a plan.
Wake up – I am always fired up when I wake with a head full of ideas on whatever I am currently working on.
8.00 Write some of Saudi story and have breakfast
9.00 Currently write this blog
10.00 Editing bowls book by the pool on my kindle editing in mods and corrections in full sunlight.
12.00 Lunch and watch football maybe.
Work out how to upload the writers blog (this blog you are currently reading)
with suitable pictures.
So work continues and if you are reading this I must have worked out how to upload it. I hope you enjoyed it and the torment of being a writer.